Dallas, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
- Responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned land and site development projects.
- The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions is required.
- Acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) TX.or ability to obtain within six months is required.
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in site development and familiar with regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including: water, wastewater, lift stations/FMs, drainage design.
- Proficient with Microstation or AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.