Jacobs' Nuclear Programs and Consulting is a Tier 1 service provider to the U.S. Department of Energy, we deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations, consulting, and engineering and construction.
We're looking for a Mid-Level Structural Engineer with 5 to 15 years of experience who is knowledgeable of local and national code such as IBC, AISC, ACI, ASCE7 and competent using discipline specific technical software such as: STADD, Tekla, RISA, AutoCAD, Microstation, etc. You will be responsible for the analysis and design of structures including seismic design. Work will be performed in Oak Ridge, TN with potentially some travel. Join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school
- 5 or more years of experience
- Experience in the analysis and design of structures including seismic design.
- Knowledgeable of local and national code such as IBC, AISC, ACI, ASCE7
- Experience with management of scope, schedule, and budget of individual projects
- Ability to follow established Jacobs quality procedures and ensures that all work accomplished under their control is accomplished under established quality procedures
- Experience working within a quality system based on ISO 9000 or NQA-1
- Competency using discipline specific technical software such as: STADD, Tekla, RISA, AutoCAD, Microstation, etc...
- Competent using Microsoft Office software.
- US citizen required.
- Engineering Registration (PE) required.
- Master's degree is a plus
- DOE Q clearance is preferred but not required
- A person residing a commutable distance from our Oak Ridge, TN office
- DOE experience is desirable but not required.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Equipment and Machines: Standard office PC, with software will be provided
Travel required - As needed
Attendance: Ability to work in the Oak Ridge office is required
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS U.S. Citizenship required.
Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.