Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering, Design Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in rail and track to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be intrigued to join our team of innovators?
As a vital member of our Boston team, you'll have the opportunity to design horizontal and vertical track alignments so we can shape lasting solutions for the future. We'll ask you to draw from your engineering expertise to provide review of various shop drawings and prepare preconstruction cost estimates for light rail/transit projects.
Working alongside a team of technicians and engineers, you'll be responsible for creating drawings and simulations using software tools and resources supporting our clients' overall project goals. Also by assisting in field inspections, monitoring construction site for contract compliance and safety parameters- you'll ensure we're doing better together!
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as a Rail/Track Engineer
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) License
• At least 8 years of demonstrated professional experience on rail and transit projects
• Professional expertise with AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Knowledge of FRA/DOT, AREMA and local railroad criteria
• Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong focus on client service
• Ability to assemble plan sets meeting client expectations
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Professional expertise with Microstation