Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we're focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We're seeking an Environmental Engineer/Project Manager to oversee complex projects for both federal and private clients. You'll apply your technical experience in soil and groundwater remediation to develop strategies and work plans while championing safety, quality and the well-being of your team.
Based in Atlanta, you'll have the opportunity to manage remediation projects across the region, while working closely with a local client. You'll use your technical skills in engineering to analyze data; prepare technical reports; and design and implement pilot studies and remedial systems for sites impacted by chlorinated volatile organic compounds, petroleum-related compounds, and other environmental contaminants. You'll grow your career as you interact with key clients to grow our business while mentoring and nurturing new junior technical experts. Our global team is here to provide you with the tools to keep your career growing as well as those around you. By driving consistency, safety and innovation across site characterization and remediation projects, you'll help your team achieve the clients' goals.
Note: we are collecting resumes but not ready to hire.Qualifications:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, or other closely related engineering degree
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the environmental field
- Environmental characterization/remediation project experience, including environmental sampling and subcontractor oversight.
- Experience conducting site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, and installing and optimizing remediation systems
- Experience as a Task Manager and/or Project Manager on environmental remediation projects HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain
- Ability to plan, perform and oversee field work.
- Local (or willing to relocate without support) to Atlanta, GA
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or ability to obtain and maintain
- Knowledge of US EPA regulations including CERCLA and RCRA
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and client relations skills
- Experience with the environmental consulting industry