Looking for an experienced engineer or one who possesses detailed knowledge in the area of Mechanical / HVAC Maintenance and Reliability Engineering who provides engineering analysis and evaluation for a technical military base or industrial facilities systems and equipment, and provides the support needed to improve quality, productivity, and safety. Responsible for providing reliable and responsive Engineer support to ensure effective and efficient operations of site assets and systems. This includes the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, mechanical and HVAC systems.
Qualifications: Desired experience:
- Establishing and driving reliability engineering principles and best work practices in accordance with the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) or equivalent.
- Utilize CMMS to track maintenance activities.
- Development and management of the preventive/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, thermography, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Develop procedures for major overhauls and repairs of mechanical / HVAC systems.
- Test, troubleshoot and conduct root cause failure analysis on failed equipment, develop action plans to eliminate repeat failures, and implementing corrective actions.
- Responsible for the facilitation of continuous improvement processes around equipment availability and reliability.
- Ensure machine interface software is accurate and reliable
- Update and maintain plant and system Mechanical / HVAC drawings
- Develop and provide clear, concise work instructions for all system configuration changes.
- Ability to determine PPE requirements.
- Provide 24/7 failure response (in the event of a system issue, provide immediate response through in-house and contract resources to return system to support full productivity in expedient manner).
- Provide detailed analysis of all Mechanical / HVAC related failures/anomalies.
- Lead the design, rebuild, install and commission both new and revised equipment including, all Mechanical and HVAC equipment up to, but not limited to piping, valves, motors, gear boxes, pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, etc.
- Root cause analysis and HVAC troubleshooting understanding Understand and interpret mechanical prints, electrical prints, HVAC and pneumatic prints.
- Evaluate HVAC systems / equipment operating condition and develop plans and specifications for upgrade or replacement as needed.
- Work with Engineers and Designers to prepare new drawings, modify existing drawings, or create as-built documents.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations.
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Ability to correctly identify the type and properly size replacement bearings, pillar blocks, shafts, seals, pumps, gear boxes, motors etc
- Ability to understand operation of, troubleshooting and repair of chillers and multi-cell cooling towers
- Use psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Modifies sequences of operations for AHU's, CHW and HW systems.
- Understands both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment.
- Familiarity with Maximo applications programming or equivalent (assets, PM's, job plans, routes, reporting, etc.)
- Familiarity with condition monitoring software and applications such as Vibration analysis, ultrasonic and infrared with an ISO CAT II or higher certification.
- Sufficient machine design understanding to recommend modifications to reduce failures and extend life cycles.
10 years of related field experience required
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited school required
Must obtain CMRP certification within one year of employment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications is required. Work Environment:
Office Environment (40-50%)
Test Environment - May be exposed to areas of high noise levels hazardous, chemicals and industrial facilities (50-60%).
Travel throughout the United States to support Jacobs contracts as needed 50-60% Physical Requirements:
Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs. Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, copier fax etc. (50%)
Safety and personal protective equipment (10%)
Test Equipment (40%) Attendance:
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Occasional Overtime/work outside normal schedule required Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. A valid driver's license is required.