Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Security
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Our Mechanical Engineers provide technically complex and robust mechanical systems to support mission-critical environments, including data centers, command/control facilities, administrative spaces and central plants. You will work with other in-house design professionals to create more reliable, sustainable, and resilient facilities for our clients. Our projects bring innovative solutions to our clients' needs both locally and worldwide.
Your daily job function will include one or more of the following:
• Prepare studies and planning reports for new initiatives
• Prepare load analysis for initial and ongoing stages of design
• Prepare and analyze CFD studies using Six Sigma
• Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms using Trane TRACE and Carrier HAP
• Prepare drawings detailing the system designed utilizing AutoCAD and REVIT
• Prepare basis of design analyses and reports for each project
• Select and specify equipment
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
• Review construction shop drawings and respond to RFI's.
*This position will be located at our Jacobs Offices in Arlington, VA or Annapolis Junction, MD.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (ME focus).
• EIT preferred; PE highly preferred.
• US Citizenship.
• 5+ years of experience in the design of building electrical systems.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
• Top Secret security clearance.
• 10%-15% travel time expected with occasional trips of 1 to 2 weeks, including international travel.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.