Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boise, Idaho, United States
We share a common purpose - to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we're excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Process Mechanical Engineer in Boise, Idaho. As part of our team, you'll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients' water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide.
You'll be charged with designing piping and pumping systems as well as provide oversight of construction for a variety of industrial clients and projects. You'll also evaluate and select equipment, piping materials and valves, assist with facility layouts, develop calculations, P&IDs and construction documents. In addition, you'll coordinate with other project disciplines, direct the work of CAD technicians, and produce construction documents. Using your leadership skills, you'll be part of a team engaged in delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Western United States, and beyond.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in various aspects of process mechanical design of water and wastewater systems
• Holds an active professional engineering (PE) license
• Experience and familiarity with National Building Codes.
• Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
• Strong and effective verbal and written communications skills
• Successful experience with working and managing remote domestic and international staff
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• 5-10 years' experience in industrial, water, or wastewater mechanical engineering.
• Proficiency in hydraulic modeling software. (AFT Fathom, Pipe-Flo)