At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're powering them, too. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
We're seeking a Mechanical Engineer (Mid Level) to join our team in Fort Worth, TX. You'll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry and apply it to solving today's challenges.
You will take ownership in creating documents to build mechanical systems for power generation applications across the globe. You'll tap into both your creative and analytical sides in this role as you prepare central utility (chilled water, steam, hot water, etc) plant and utility distribution designs and master planning. Core competencies include: equipment selection, heat and mass balance calculations, hydraulic system modeling, development of process and instrumentation diagrams, pipe stress modeling and design, cost estimating and life cycle cost analysis.
By driving collaboration and innovation across Energy and Power projects, you'll grow your consulting career as you develop and implement project plans and designs, ensuring product quality, safety and on-schedule and on-budget completion.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you.Qualifications:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of design experience working in an MEP environment
- Strong technical writing skills
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License, or ability to obtain within 2 years
- Experience with commercial or industrial chillers and cooling towers, steam plant equipment, cogeneration equipment, air emission control systems, and water treatment systems
- Experience with 3D modeling and viewing software such as AutoCAD, CADWorx, Revit, and NavisWorks
- Experience with design tools such as: Pipe-Flo or Pipe 2000, THERMOFLEX, or CAESAR
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.