Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future today.
As a Senior Fire Protection Engineer working with our Built Environments team in Dallas, TX, you'll use your skills and experience to help deliver and complete challenging and engaging buildings projects. You'll assist in the design of Water Spray/Sprinkler systems, Fire & Gas Detection systems, Fire Suppression, Fire Alarm systems,and mass notification systems design while also helping develop the plans for the overall building safety.
You'll be a part of diverse multi-discipline teams allowing you to both share what you know and learn so you can grow. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.Qualifications:Here's What You'll Need:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, or Fire Protection Engineering Technology
- At least 10 years experience in technical fire protection design or consulting role involving fire protection systems
- Demonstrated experience in ability to lead projects and manage resources
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Experience with full project lifeline - conceptual design through services during construction
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in any US State, while having passed the fire protection engineering written examination
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Master's Degree in Fire Protection, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Design Management experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.