Roles and Responsibilities
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets.In this role, you will:
- Understand customer's business needs and guide them to a solution using BHC3 tech stack
- Lead small projects and participates in large cross-functional data analytics teams
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from BHC3 and its customers to continuously find ways to improve data collection, data pre-processing, modeling techniques and model management.
- Engage directly with customers to participate in design and development of data integration/transformation solution according to functional requirements
- Enable data ingestion, pre-processing, custom data wrangling from filesystems, databases, queues and streams to enable rapid prototyping.
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions
- Participate in the development of documentation, technical procedures and user support guides.
- Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
- Share and discuss findings with team members and leadership.
- MS or PhD degree in a highly quantitative field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience in Data Science, machine learning, applied statistics and/or business analytics.
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, ML tools, packages and frameworks and apply those to business problems at hand
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, and strong experience in at least one of those.
- Strong programming experience in Python and python visualization frameworks
- Smart, motivated, can do attitude, and seeks to make a difference. We really want to you bring the best to your job and contribute to the advancement of large scale enterprise AI products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work in a global team and with customers on a regular basis.
- Working knowledge and experience with IoT devices, data streams and edge algorithms
- Some prior experience in building ML solutions for Oil and Gas or Energy industry.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.