Skills: Field Service Tech, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Minot, North Dakota, United States
Baker Hughes is seeking a Field Operator II in Minot, ND
- Under general supervision is responsible for all aspects of cable services including spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing s being pulled out of the well.
- Bands cable onto tubing as the dow nunit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Assists with cable repair as needed at the cable repair service center.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records. Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Completes daily time sheet and monthly expense report.
- Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- Collects information during testing and inspection to provide a customer with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable and stay within HS&E guidelines. Must have ability to communicate with various clients and must have an ability to quickly adjust to changing job assignments/requirements and have the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Will need to be able to obtain CDL-A Class within 3 months of starting the role
- Should have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Willingness to be a team player
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.