Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Responsible for executing the mechanical/electromechanical design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects for Panametrics measurement products whilst adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, technical regulations, and product / program requirements. Includes activities linked to technical improvement or sustaining of existing products and components. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Mechanical Component.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability. Experience using SAP for configuration management and Solidworks for product definition. Familiarity/knowledge of various industry technical regulations, including ATEX & IECEx.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.