Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Oracle Inquiry-to-Order, Time & Labor and Services Applications Operations Engineer to join the team in Mumbai, India, to provide DevOps support on Oracle ERP Instances in the Inquiry-to-Order (ITO), Time & Attendance (T&A) and Services domain. This position is responsible for Functional and Technical deployment and support for businesses operating on Tier1 SOX-compliant Oracle ERP instances of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Provide DevOps support in the Domain areas of Inquiry-to-Order (Quoting, Order Management, Advanced Pricing), Time & Attendance (Oracle Time & Labor) and Services (Enterprise Asset Management), by partnering with cross-functional deployment and support teams, to ensure on-time,
on-budget and quality implementation of ERP blueprint and timely resolution of production issues
- Work as a Digital Technology partner to business leaders and blueprint owners to evaluate & improve business processes and arrive at cost effective solutions
- Serve as Domain and ERP expert in the evaluation, design, development & implementation of solutions across functional areas & applications within the domain
- Drive solution identification, analysis & implementation recommendations for operational improvements
- Share accountability for compliance to all application policies including Documentation, Security and Code standards across all functional areas & applications within the domain
- Ensure conformance to generic ERP operations support standards & practices
- Stay connected with functional stakeholders through regular meetings
- Act as single point of contact for escalations ensuring they get addressed appropriately with proactive communication
- Partner with Product Companies and help carve out and lead Productivity and Business-required initiatives, going beyond day-to-day operations
- Create a culture of customer focus to drive business value & outcomes, working as one team, doing things right or not doing them at all and moving fast by adopting trusted technology
- Navigate through ambiguity and show ability to adapt quickly to conflicting & changing priorities
- Demonstrate skills in collaborating with different stakeholders and an ability to comprehend strategic & tactical direction and derive/execute the operational plan to support this direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 7 years of professional experience.
- Technology-specific Knowledge including prior Implementation & Support experience in Oracle e-Business or Cloud applications
- Prior implementation experience with Oracle Time & Labor and Order Management applications
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure & SaaS certifications
- Significant customer facing experience
- Previous experience in the management of cross-functional operations / initiatives and tough stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong Written and Oral Communication skills; Highly Motivated, Self-Starter
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical Risks and Impacts; define Alternatives and Prioritizations to remove roadblocks
- Global mindset, ability to manage and collaborate across a broad and diverse set of customers and stakeholders
- Analytical, Creative and Business-focused Problem Solving skills
- Team Building, Teaching & Knowledge Sharing ability
- Ability to coach & train, motivate team to adopt standards & methodologies
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.