Skills: Machinist, Mechanic
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Great Falls, Montana, United States
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The purpose of the Machinist/Pump Mechanic role is to be a part of the maintenance team repairing rotating equipment and machining all various types of rotating and fixed equipment parts employed throughout the manufacturing site.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Duties may be split between shop work and field work
• Remove, repair, rebuild and install rotating equipment (pumps, motors, compressors, etc.)
• Remove, rebuild, and reinstall process pump (positive displacement, centrifugal, dosing, etc.)
• Maintain process compressors and air compressors (reciprocating and centrifugal)
• Maintain, install, rebuild and machine parts for a wide variety of rotating equipment and accessories in and to an acceptable operating condition
• Able to use vibration data collecting equipment on rotating equipment
• Troubleshoot process pumping and compressor systems
• Read and interpret all drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ensure quality installation/repair.
• Document and record maintenance repair information
• Use laser alignment tools and precision measurement instruments (micrometers, calipers, Vernier scales, dial indicators).
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years previous experience with maintenance of industrial equipment, installing/maintaining pumps, compressors, high speed rotary equipment in in a refining, chemical, pipeline, power plant or another industrial environment
• Knowledge of a refining, chemical, pipeline, power plant or another industrial environment
• Knowledge of industrial permitting applications (safe work, hot work, etc.)
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job including walking and standing for long periods of time and physical
lifting of up to 50 lbs.
• Able to lift 50 or more pounds
• Able to perform physical labor
• Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
• Must be available to work variable shifts and days and able to work overtime
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to pass 4-part Aptitude Test with a 70 percent score on each test
• Valid Driver License
• Post-Secondary education in Mechanics
• 5+ years of experience as a Millwright or Reliability Technician in a refining, chemical, pipeline, power plant or another industrial environment
• Completion of 4-year apprenticeship program and 3 year of journeyman level experience as a Millwright or Reliability Technician in a refining, chemical, pipeline, power plant or another industrial environment
• Previous experience maintaining/installing/rebuilding high speed (>3600 RPM) rotating equipment
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.