Skills: Chemist, Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct laboratory research with contaminated environmental samples to determine chemical or physical characteristics. Daily activities will require a good understanding and integration of geology, chemistry, biology, information, and mechanical systems. The ideal candidate would have broad experience with bench-scale feasibility studies utilizing environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, etc.) with chemical contaminants. Experience in environmental investigations related to hazardous waste site remediation including analyzing data and performing field works is highly desired.
- Conduct laboratory feasibility study with contaminated environmental samples
- Perform EPA testing protocols and handle hazardous materials
- Analyze samples, report results and document methods
- Maintain and operate a variety of instruments.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices
Required Education and Experience
- MS in environmental science, geology, chemistry, or related field (BS with a minimum of 2 years of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory)
- 2+ years of experience on environmental investigation, and/or remediation projects with environmental samples
- Familiarity with EPA Methods including TCLP and SLPL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Data analysis/ Technical report writing
- Performing field sampling of soil, water and/or air samples
- A basic knowledge of or desire to learn hazardous waste field is preferred.
- Knowledge of the bench-scale feasibility study, field investigation and sampling
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.