Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Engineer-Mechanical Component to join the team in Coimbatore, India.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, configure, the design or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Develop /configure valve / actuator designs and participate in design reviews as needed.
- Define material and quality requirements for the control valve components based on applications and customer requirements.
- Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
- Work with design team to improve productivity using design automation
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Engage with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Work seamlessly across other functions/ multiple global sites to help meeting the organization goals / objectives
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Ensure product safety and compliance with global codes, standard and regulations such as ASME, FM, PED, ATEX
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
- Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
- Works within a team setting and / or under guidance. Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3 years of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis / Scientific / Technical Position.
- Must have at least 1 year of Control Valve Design Expertise.
- Strong mechanical engineering / design fundamentals
- Exposure on Valve Design and Requisition Engineering related activities related to instrumentation, materials and coating processes
- Knowledge of pneumatic / hydraulic actuator for valves
- Experience in design automation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.