Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Other Skills: Sub Surface planning, field development plan
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Participates in preparing short/long term plans for exploration and field development based on technical and economic support studies. Prepares integrated work schedules such as drilling and workover and well tie-in consistent with facilities major projects and field development activities. Provides technical and commercial advice to development teams to resolve financial and commercial issues relating to plans.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Conducts technical/economic planning studies and prepares short and long term work programs in line with Business Plan objectives and Company guidelines.
- Participates in the preparation of Development Business Unit's contributions to the Company budget and Business Plan including involvement in Exploration/Field Development work program set up.
- Prepares and updates integrated work schedules including monthly Drilling and Workover schedule.
- Maintains and monitors records inventory of drilling/workover requirements performance measures, capacities, unit costs and other records relevant to Development functions.
- Monitors Development Business Unit Work Program as reported by other departments and prepares the Business Unit's contribution to Company quarterly and annual reports.
- Participates in the development, review and maintenance of Development Business Unit policies, procedures and standards and prepares appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinates the preparation of yearly technical reports such as Reserves Book and Technical Data Book.
- Prepares technical reports and presentations for management and the Company's Shareholders meetings.
- Prepares cost estimates, including phasing, for well construction, modification and abandonment based on well design concepts to meet subsurface model requirements.
- Estimates operating expenditure over full life cycle of the well.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular contacts with all levels of personnel up to Vice President on issues related to Sub surface Planning and clarification of information.
- Occasional contacts with shareholders representatives on issues related to Planning, Business Planning and Economics
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management or equivalent professional qualification
- Major in Petroleum Engineering is an advantage.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 to 12 years of experience in performance management and corporate reporting within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
7. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced knowledge related to the oil and gas industry, preferably gained while working in a multi-cultural environment with a multinational organisation
- Comprehensive understating subsurface activities and field development plan
- Fluent in English (spoken & written) is required & fluent in Arabic is preferred.
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.