United Kingdom - Greater Manchester, WarringtonJob Summary
AECOM are offering a great opportunity to join our growing and talented architecture team in our multi-disciplinary office in Birchwood Park. Our modern office is located between Warrington and Manchester. We are looking for an experienced BIM manager.
Our varied and busy workload currently includes nuclear, power and energy projects, defence, water, ports, laboratories, transport, industrial and blue light services projects. Experience in these sectors preferred but other sectors would be considered.
We would like to hear from candidates with the following experience:
- Enforcing, updating and implementing project-specific and practice-wide BIM Level 2 standards and policies, including both internal and external management of design teams.
- Work closely with the design team reporting requirements and agreements from BIM Coordination meetings.
- Generation and implementation of Revit models at the start of new projects, using company standards and developing new templates when required.
- Day to day management of the digital models, to comply with the BIM Level 2 and project-specific standards
- Exchanging large amounts of project data with multiple consultants through BIM360 Cloud or other CDE platforms.
- Organising weekly BIM Coordination and clash detection meetings with client representatives and external consultants
- Generating 3D federated models for clash detection, report generation generating reports to demonstrate coordination progress and clash mitigation.
- Understanding and proactively implementing the required LOD, LOI and CoBie data at each of the RIBA stages, as per project-specific requirements.
- Developing periodic training sessions for the design team.
- Updating internal protocols within the organisation and conducting the BRE BIM external audits.
- This role requires experience in an Architectural practice. The individual should have excellent leadership skills, excellent demonstrable Revit ability on large scale/complex multidisciplinary projects and good spoken and written English. As well as BIM manager duties, the individual would also be expected to work as an architectural assistant on occasion.
- In-depth experience within a work-sharing environment (CDE), and demonstrable experience using 3D coordination software (Navisworks) are essential.
- Previous practical experience
- Able to obtain baseline security clearance
Your benefits will include:
- Degree qualification, preferably with Masters in a University Course, although the latter is not absolutely necessary
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Designer / Drafting / CADD / CADBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.