Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Oklahoma CityOklahoma
Do you have a keen eye for details and enjoy applying that to new environments every day? Do you pride yourself on providing technical excellence to customers?
WE are looking for YOU if...
...you have experience writing technical reports (preferably zoning and municipal reports). We are looking for you if you have advanced working knowledge of Vision, Quire and BVnTel. We are looking for you if you have excellent written communication skills and the ability to complete detailed reports with accuracy are required.
YOU are looking for US if...
... you are looking for an opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and winning team that emphasizes respect, integrity, and reliability. You are looking for us if you want to enter an environment that fosters personal and professional growth with limitless possibilities for development and advancement. You are looking for us if you enjoy a fast-paced, work-hard play-hard environment working with industry experts who are also awesome people!
We are committed to providing our employees a flexible work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. At BUREAU VERITAS, we are honest & caring-above all, crazy accountable, passionate for excellence, seriously working & playfully living! Here, we grow! If this sounds like you, join the BUREAU VERITAS team!
You will be primarily responsible for...
...reviewing, understanding, and interpreting municipal zoning codes and municipal documents. You will be responsible for communicating with municipalities via phone/email/mail to request the required documents and information as needed. You will be responsible for preparing zoning reports based on available data and provide your findings to the client.
(now here's the stuff our HR department makes us say)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare written zoning reports that accurately describe findings.
- Communicates with municipalities via phone/email/mail to request the required documents and information.
- Reviews and understands municipal documents.
- Confirms all reports are on time and communicates any variance in the timeline to the Senior Project Manager or Client representative.
- Follows up on missing documents and other required information; reviews and interprets municipal zoning codes.
- Tracks and logs all communications, documents received, and all fees involved.
- Follows up with the municipality to ensure requested documents are received and responded too in a timely manner.
- Confirms all reports are on time and communicates any variance in the timeline to the PM or report writer.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates our company's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of our company's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to work from remote location.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; 3 years of technical report writing required (preferably zoning and municipal reports).
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to complete detailed reports with accuracy are required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to perform in a team setting.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BV employees and customers
- Ability to work remotely or in the OKC office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.