Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Project Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Owings MillsMaryland
Do you have a keen eye for details and enjoy applying that to new environments every day? Do you pride yourself on providing technical excellence to customers?
WE are looking for YOU if...
... you have at least 2 years of leadership experience and 5 years of project coordinator experience in a turnkey or general contractor environment. We are looking for you if you have direct work experience in a project management capacity. We are looking for you if you have excellent management skills, can demonstrate the ability to delegate tasks and manage a team to execute those tasks.
YOU are looking for US if...
... you are looking for an opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and winning team that emphasizes respect, integrity, and reliability. You are looking for us if you want to enter an environment that fosters personal and professional growth with limitless possibilities for development and advancement. You are looking for us if you enjoy a fast-paced, work-hard play-hard environment working with industry experts who are also awesome people!
We are committed to providing our employees a flexible work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. At BUREAU VERITAS, we are honest & caring-above all, crazy accountable, passionate for excellence, seriously working & playfully living! Here, we grow! If this sounds like you, join the BUREAU VERITAS team!
You will be primarily responsible for...
...managing the overall assignment and completion of assigned tasks, supporting a team of Project Coordinators, Project Managers, Accountants, and Sr. Project Managers. This position may require occasional travel to BV Offices (MD or AZ office).
(now here's the stuff our HR department makes us say)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Manage multiple tasks and work with the Sr. Project Manager in development of each task from beginning to end.
- Expert at computer Microsoft Programs and accounting systems.
- Plan and schedule task timelines.
- Present reports defining task progress, problems, and solutions.
- Quality control and assurance.
- Web based project management.
- Routinely report to Sr Project Manager.
- Manage day-to-day activities for program sourcing and logistic requirements.
- Expedite purchase orders to vendors working with internal client team.
- Supports Sr. Project Manager with client billing. (Varies by Client) experienced in AIA billing, lien releases, bid and performance bonds.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to create a billing instructions library per client.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to collect and submit monthly billing. Prepare billing synopsis. Work with Accounts Receivable / Payable team as needed to track billing status until closed.
- Vendor stamps and code and invoices. Verifies invoices, reconciles, and processes accounts payable invoices as needed. Maintain an invoice tracking log and forwards all approved invoices to accounts payable.
- Assists Sr. Project Manager with the preparation of credit applications of vendors.
- Assists Sr. Project Manager with obtaining required certificates of insurance from vendors.
- Maintain a tracking log to track COI expiration dates.
- Manage delivery schedules and translate store requirements to available inventory.
- Coordinate & communicate activities and schedules with all vendors and internal team.
- Manage inbound logistics and tracking process from Material Supplier to Distribution Center to Store.
- Alert internal client team of lost or missing material items; monitor and drive sourcing issues to timely resolution.
- Assist Sr. Project Manager in organizing, communicating, and training internal field team on program directives and changes.
- Support field team to ensure accuracy of project management system and associated reports.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions for clients needs.
- Demonstrates BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and work instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
This position has the authority to mentor and train employees. This position will be responsible for receiving tasks, analyzing tasks, analyzing workload, and delegating and monitoring task execution.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred. At least 2 years of leadership experience and 5 years of project coordinator experience in a turnkey or general contractor environment.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: n/a
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent management skills and can demonstrate the ability to delegate tasks and manage the team to execute those tasks.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to complete detailed reports with accuracy are required.
- Ability to travel for training and client meetings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BV employees and customers
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Must have a cell phone and supply your own internet service when working remotely.
- Ability to work from a remote location.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.