Chase City, Virginia, United States
Chase City, Virginia, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chase City, Virginia, United States
ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Solar Technician at the BlueStone Solar Project in Chase City, VA. The Solar Site Tech will operate and maintain the solar site by optimizing generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
What you'll do:
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Coordinate HV Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Perform HV switching, substation and HV equipment lockouts and grounding tasks
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections - prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Maintain site vegetation management process
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training - contractors, other site's employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
What you bring:
- 2-year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or Instrumentation controls) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Solar generation site, Wind generation site, Thermal power plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or C&I Maintenance.
- Trades qualifications an asset: (HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Technician or Controls Technician)
- Be AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of hire date
- Be proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Travel to support other Engie renewable generation facilities
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel internationally with minimal restrictions.
- Live within an hour of the site
Working Environment (30% Indoors - 70% Outdoors)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Posting Date: Oct 7, 2020