Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently a hiring a skilled Mechanical Piping designer with at least 7 years of experience within the Houston, TX area. *Local Candidates Only*
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Provides direct design and drafting support to BU to create and/or modify engineering drawings through the utilization of AutoCAD for new projects.
- Performs field work in support of new piping design and layout.
- Utilizes proficient knowledge of oil/gas field equipment including but not limited to wellheads, separators, compressors, metering, tanks, pumps, oil, water, and gas piping, fuel gas systems, valves, automation, and instrumentation to create process drawings.
- Provides drafting services including the hand sketching of location equipment & processes, and the creation and modification of P&IDs, Electrical Drawings, Site Security Drawings, Piping and Isometric Drawings.
- Utilizes various national and BU drafting standards to accurately and consistently reflect processes on engineering drawings.
- Works with members of BU in continued development and improvement of Standard Well Site Facility Design drawings that will be the basis for all future well facility installations.
- Actively supports the BU's MOC process through the creation, use, interpretation, and evaluation of engineering drawings.
- Utilizes SAP/DMS database to maintain engineering drawings and documents.
- Candidates must have extensive CADWorx experience.
Skills / Qualifications
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience • Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Candidates without extensive CADWorx knowledge will not be considered.
- Provides more technical support than administrative support.
- Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Performs major accountabilities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.