Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
ENGIE are recruiting for a driven and enthusiastic Bid Manager within Electric Vehicle Solutions, to be based at any of our UK offices. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing best-in-class tender submissions to directly support the Business Development team in achieving their sales targets, whilst aspiring towards a bid to win ratio of >50%. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing day to day bid management support (project planning and offering support to the Business Development Managers around the ENGIE governance process).
With a focus on opportunities with key anchor clients delivering revenues of between £1m to £100m, this role will directly support our plan to be the leader of the transition to zero carbon transport by winning major EV infrastructure partnerships with public sector organisations and private businesses. We anticipate significant business growth opportunities in the next 12-24 months and the Bid Writer will play a crucial role in the delivery of commercial success and in the successful expansion of our public and private EV charging networks.
What is your day to day?
- Support a team of 5-8 Business Development Managers in the delivery of commercial success and in the successful expansion of our public and private EV charging networks.
- Act as the single source of bid writing support within ENGIE EV Solutions.
- Maintain and enhance our stock of bid collateral, whilst ensuring compliance with bid review protocols in order to optimise bid to win ratios and to ensure that our bid content remains market leading, accurate and compliant with up to date industry standards and regulations.
- Take full ownership of bid writing process and be responsible for ensuring that bid submissions are completed on time and to the highest standard.
Who are you?
- Proven success and experience in bid writing / bid management
- Knowledge of the Electric Vehicle industry would be preferable
- Strong understanding of OJEU process desirable
- Proven written communication skills
- Verbal Reasoning
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Presentation proposal and report writing skills
Who are we?
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities to make the zero carbon transition possible for individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2020