Waste Data Analyst (Europe) Sustainability Services : EMEAI
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
ENGIE Impact is looking for a European Waste Data Analyst, whose mission will be to help companies gain greater transparency and understanding of their waste volumes, costs and recycling levels, in order to improve current waste management practices.
The Waste Data Analyst will be responsible for the data collection process into a centralised system. He will develop a good understanding of the data, identify outliers and opportunities, and work on client reports and analyses. Based on data insights and market developments, the Waste Data Analyst will be able to advise clients on optimisation opportunities. The Analyst might also advise Product Management on future development needs. The ideal candidate will be process-driven and goal oriented, with extensive experience in data management, as well as a good knowledge of the UK waste management sector.Function 1. Data Collection and Data Transfer
2. Reporting and Analysis
- Assist in client on-boarding to understand client needs and objectives
- Manage the waste data collection process including data from different sources and formats
- Interacting with clients and waste service providers on clients' behalf,
- Perform regular data quality review and completeness checks, working to automate the data handling process whenever possible
- Identify gaps in data, and advise on how to overcome them.
3. Waste Data Transfer and Systems Development
- Create and run reports on clients' waste data, using ENGIE Impact digital tools as well as creating bespoke reports if necessary
- Identify outliers with regards to historical waste volumes or costs, identify opportunities for improved waste management practices as well as cost savings.
- Perform occasional on-site audits to confirm or investigate current waste management practices
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Keep current on available waste data management tools and market developments
- Advise Product Management on development needs with regards to our systems and/or process
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- University Degree in Environmental Studies, IT, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience in data management, waste sector or sustainability reporting roles
- Excellent data management and IT skills
- Analytical and organisational skills, with attention to detail and an ability to handle large amounts of information and work towards deadlines
- Good communication and relational skills
- Able to speak English fluently as well as either German or French with business proficiency.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Oct 2, 2020