is seeking a Maintenance technician, level 1 (HVAC) in Boston with a strong Health and safety culture and willingness to develop. ENGIE
manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE employs 154,950 people worldwide. ENGIE
is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services, transportation and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers' benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites. ENGIE
operates 320 heating and cooling systems around the world in response to the long-term comfort needs (heating and air-conditioning) of both public and private sectors, at the same time as protecting the environment. A world market leader for three decades, the Group continues to expand its presence in Asia, the Middle East and North America. Find out more at www.engie.com
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance technician, level 1 (HVAC) is responsible of the operation, the maintenance and performs diverse manual tasks concerning building maintenance and operations including of all HVAC systems in buildings under management.
What you'll do:
- Perform periodic inspections of HVAC systems and their components to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of HVAC systems problems and identify solutions.
- Repair heating and air conditioning systems and/or components like pumps, motors, air handlers, etc.
- Maintain and operate a computerized maintenance program.
- Ensure all building equipment and systems are operated in a safe manner and are in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations;
- Support in small projects and minor repairs, such as patching and painting, tiling, flooring, door hardware, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, (non-energized), carpentry and furniture moves;
- Respond to minor janitorial requirements as well as maintaining of the work areas and technical rooms;
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot air handlers, VAV boxes, and all associated air exchangers, pumps, controls and monitoring, etc.
- Responsibility for equipment startup, monitoring, and efficient operation
- Respond to HVAC complaints from tenants assisting other trades as necessary.
- Read and interpret drawings and control schematics.
- Perform other tasks as assist other trades as assigned.
- Complete all other tasks required by his immediate supervisor.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent ;
- Refrigeration technician license (an asset) ;
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in public, industrial or office buildings of 500,000 sq. ft. or equivalent ;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience on large AHU (20,000 CFM) systems ;
- Experience in complex building systems, including HVAC systems, power distribution systems, plumbing systems ;
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24 hour basis ;
- Excellent initiative and troubleshooting skills required as well as good problem and conflict solving skills ;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of computerized maintenance programs (CMMS) a must ;
- Must know operation and maintenance of all air and water systems in public, industrial or office building with a variable air volume HVAC system. ;
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and crawl. ;
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, scaffolding and in tight places ;
- Electro Mechanical/building automation engineering & technical background.
- Knowledge of Metasys preferred ;
- Ability to pass all background checks and obtain a security clearance at the required level as per airport requirements.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Strong MS Office computer skills and knowledge of Information systems.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Jul 16, 2020