Manage and support operations of five utility scale solar sites (270MW). Includes providing operational readiness support from construction to commercial operations as well as managing the day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the sites in line with corporate strategy and objectives while ensuring and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment on the sites after project turnover to operations. Reports to
East Texas Regional Manager Location/Department
Bluestone Solar Project / Chase City, Virginia Status
Salary - ExemptEssential Job Functions
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, commissioning and operations of the solar farm site.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, maintenance, reporting, fiscal and administrative functions of the site and for achieving company and group activities. Monitor and manage site performance and availability.
- Supervise site operating personnel including subcontractors and consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications, budgets, schedule and corporate policies.
- Attain substation technician certification within 12 months of hire date. Provide any necessary substation and BOP switching LOTO functions as required. Troubleshoot and repair HV/BOP systems as needed. Access substation and troubleshoot relay log files.
- Manage and coordinate site NECR compliance process. Maintain substation log book.
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with: federal, state, and local regulations as well as environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company's annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good solar industry practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the facility operating permits.
- Carries out all responsibilities under environmental legislation; develops and ensures adherence to proper procedures to prevent environmental spills; monitors, records, any non-compliances, and environmental spills; ensures proper training of personnel on transportation of dangerous goods; promotes awareness for the environment and the requirements of environmental compliance. Develops and utilizes a sites' Environmental Management System.
- Approves, or as required submits for approval, documents and procedures that will be used on the sites.
- Utilizes a computer-based automated maintenance management system to: organize equipment commissioning, operations and maintenance files; to identify trends; to take corrective action; and to maintain equipment performance by maximizing plant capacity factor, availability, performance, efficiency and revenue.
- Manage site consistence with Operations & Maintenance Agreement and Ppwer Purchase Agreements off-taker requirements
- Maintain grounds consistent with solar operations
- Manages a safety program that complies with all Federal and State requirements ensuring the safe operation of the site regarding the public, employees and equipment.
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and safety programs consistent with the ENGIE Health and Safety Principles and 9 Life Saving Rules.
- Appoints in writing a sites safety representative to administer the safety program.
- Monitors activities of the Plant Safety Committee and ensures its effectiveness.
- Cooperates with Loss Control/Safety Consultants from property and casualty insurance carriers and responds to their recommendations in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with and promptly reports all losses and claims to the corporate Risk Manager.
- Prepares and is responsible for the execution of emergency plans.
- Maintain site OSHA logs.
- In coordination with Regional manager, sets objectives for his/her team; manages site personnel in the proper performance of assigned duties and maintains a record of their performance through regular, formal evaluations; and makes recommendations for their merit increases and incentive pay.
- In coordination with area manager, oversees training to enhance site employees' technical knowledge in the safe operation and maintenance of the facility and its capital equipment as well as employee professional development.
- Ensures that employee policies and procedures are followed by all sites' personnel; ensures that the manual has been distributed to all employees and that the policies outlined within are reasonably understood by all staff members.
- Ensures fair implementation of complaint procedures. Administers appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner, supported by clear, concise and thorough documentation of events and actions resulting in the need for discipline.
- Provides/coordinates relief for operations and/or maintenance supervisor as needed.
- Communicates regularly with ENGIE company representatives ( Area Manager, Head of Renewable Generation, Asset Management, Engineering, Regulatory Compliance & Human Resources and Construction Management) for exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals.
- Maintains open communications with Global Energy Management (GEM) 24-hour desk operations. Ensures changes in plants status are communicated immediately to these individuals.
- Maintains good relations with landowners, suppliers, customers, vendors, service providers, governmental authorities, and contractors.
- Is personally involved and takes innovative actions to ensure good public and community relations on behalf of the facility and the company.
- Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance of the facilities. Ensure compliance with Purchase Power Agreements, Solar OEM service agreements and Partnership O&M and Asset Management Agreements with emphasis on optimizing assets and minimizing penalties while ensuring safety of personnel and subcontractors.
- Ensures prompt, timely and accurate reporting as required by company policies and procedures and other governmental and contractual requirements.
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including sites' outages (compliant with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
- In coordination with area manager, monitors budget variances on a regular basis and prepares/monitors long term budget forecasts. Provides monthly variances reports in a timely manner.
- In coordination with area manager, follows up, assisted by the Asset Management Group, with the proper execution of commercial contracts and assists in bringing solutions to any disagreement that may arise.
- Direct reports include solar technicians. Works closely with Area Solar Engineer and Administrator as a function of duties. Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgments
- 25% travel-support planned and forced outages on other wind and solar sites as necessary-overnight stay may be required
- Must be able to certify, as required to state and federal agencies, compliance with permits and regulations as the authorized agent for the company
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, Microsoft 365, and other ENGIE applications
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Technical diploma/high school diploma and five (5) years' experience in a related industry. Must demonstrate a strong technical and managerial capability
- Two (2) years previous experience in supervision of technical, operating or maintenance personnel
- In-depth knowledge of solar power generating equipment: inverters, trackers, met towers, combiners, SCADA and HV electrical distribution and substations
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020