Trystate Mechanical, Inc
. has an immediate opening for a CAD Designer/Project Manager
located in Douglaston,NY. ENGIE MEP Services Northeast
operates from numerous locations throughout the Northeast to service Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Vermont. Six companies work together as ENGIE MEP Services Northeast, combining extensive in-house capabilities with the latest technologies to provide integrated energy, mechanical, and maintenance solutions. This position is with Trystate Mechanical, Inc.
What you'll do:
- Download and print drawings and specifications
- Develop, revise and update drawings to endure consistent documentation of projects adhering to drafting standards.
- Development of the design documents will be part of your role for the purposes of permit procurement, construction direction, and as-built documentation.
- The overall focus of your role will be the professional development of mechanical and plumbing models for design documents for the Company's projects in a time sensitive manner.
- Attend all project-related meetings as the company's representative.
- Manage the project's start-up and associated paperwork.
- Handle all verbal and written communication with the client, engineer, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Oversee the submittal and shop drawing process.
- Monitor productivity, safety, and job performance of the company's labor and the project's subcontractors.
- Manage the project's schedule including manpower and material & equipment deliveries.
- Coordinate completion of field start-up and closeout documentation.
- Manage the project's overall financial performance including monthly billing, change order negotiation, and compliance with job cost goals.
What you bring:
About Trystate Mechanical, Inc.
- 5-10 years of experience in the construction industry as a Drafter, Project Manager, Estimator, or Superintendent
- 5-10 years of experience with AutoCAD, REVIT, Web-based on-line collaboration systems and BIM 360 Design (formerly known as C4R)
- Technical knowledge of HVAC equipment, automatic temperature controls, and systems with experience in NYC market as a project manager for a construction manager or as a project manager for an HVAC contractor on higher education, healthcare, and/or cultural projects
- Excellent financial management skills, including change order negotiation
- Ability to communicate with and motivate subcontractors, vendors, and manpower to complete their specific project tasks and contractual requirements safely
- Work productively with in-house company departments including estimating, drafting, service, and accounting in a professional manner
- High-level computer skills; Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and experience with COINs financial management software a plus
- Unimpeachable ethics (honesty and integrity)
- Valid driver's license and clean record
Trystate Mechanical, Inc. is part of ENGIE MEP Services Northeast, a mechanical, HVAC, distributed energy, and project delivery solutions-provider subsidiary of ENGIE North America. ENGIE MEP is five companies with nearly 750 employees serving the Northeast U.S.
Trystate Mechanical is a premier full-service HVAC, MEP and energy solutions contractor providing installation, upgrade, conversion and maintenance of mechanical and energy systems throughout the metro New York, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut markets. We are proud to be a leader in the design and installation of energy-saving technologies such as fuel cells, cogeneration, CHP and energy storage systems. We also have our own fabrication shop for pipe and modular construction.
As part of the Northeast's largest energy, power and energy services provider, ENGIE North America, we have access to all of the financial, capital, energy commodity and technical capabilities to develop a unique financial structure, including the power purchase agreement, for each client, including hospitals, universities, government and cultural institutions. More Information: https://www.engiemep.com/companies/trystate-mechanical/ Disclaimer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
ENGIE MEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- Posting Date: Nov 2, 2020