The Field Service Engineer (FSE) in Santa Clara, CA will be responsible for the service and maintenance needs of the ENGIE Storage's deployed battery energy storage systems (BESS) and its controls. In this role, you will also maintain proper business relationships with all ENGIE's customers and partners as well as performing required administrative duties as they relate to the maintenance and servicing of the BESS.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshooting, installing, maintaining and repairing all issues and tasks related to the battery energy storage system hardware and software build
- Resolving SLA's (Service Level Agreements) within their designated timelines and budgets
- Updating the CMMS frequently the tasks and activities performed on the service ticket
- Collaborating with the Technical Services Manager and Project Managers on issues relating to systems deployment
- Collaborating with vendors and contractors to further troubleshoot and find solutions to service issues
- Completing yearly O&M services and preventative maintenance retrofits
- Maintaining tools, test equipment and safety gear and ensuring proper and timely calibration and care
- Complying with OSHA safety standards and protocols
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain technical troubleshooting manuals
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related role, handling troubleshooting and maintenance of low and medium voltage equipment
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
- Experience with 3 phase power and commercial interconnection issues
- Experience with capacitive and or RF products/applications
- Experience troubleshooting Li-ion batteries a plus
- Experience with high voltage a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with the NEC, specifically as it relates to section 690 and 706
- Travel up to 4-5 times a day to customer and partner sites
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Nov 4, 2020