The Environmental Intern role will provide an opportunity to work with a Global Leader in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The Intern will work with thermal and renewable sites in North America to update or implement the ENGIE Environmental Management System (EMS). This is a great opportunity to learn and practice Environmental Management for large, diverse company.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in the ENGIE EMS program (consistent with the ENGIE North America EMS (ISO 14001:2015 environmental standard)) in order to assist in the review and update of training materials and identify areas to improve program.
- Assist ENGIE Operations with implementation of the EMS program
- Work one-on-one with facilities (as needed) to execute EMS program.
- Work with the ENGIE Corporate Environmental team to establish standard EMS implementation and documentation processes.
- Create EMS training document/materials
- Intern will follow all ENGIE health and safety procedures and complete all required training.
- Attend and participate in various internal and external meetings.
- Present Internship accomplishments to leadership at the end of internship program.
- Assist in the development of the ENGIE Environmental webpage content (Sharepoint).
What you bring:
- Student at an accredited college or university and a minimum of a 2.8 GPA in their major
- Minimum of 2 years of environmental science/engineering coursework
- Ability to think critically, act independently, and interdependently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated and driven to complete tasks at hand
- Significant level of multi-tasking required
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Sep 1, 2020