Trystate Mechanical, Inc
. has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Piping Estimator located in Douglaston,NY. ENGIE MEP Services Northeast
operates from numerous locations throughout the Northeast to service Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Vermont. Six companies work together as ENGIE MEP Services Northeast, combining extensive in-house capabilities with the latest technologies to provide integrated energy, mechanical, and maintenance solutions. This position is with Trystate Mechanical, Inc.
What you'll do:
- Download and print drawings and specifications
- Contact and work closely with vendors and subcontractors to solicit quotations
- Identify scope of work and perform detailed take-offs of HVAC piping, plumbing, medical gas and process piping systems
- Work with construction managers and owners to provide complete estimates
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site surveys
- Develop budgets for construction phase services based on progress design documents
- Maintain cost databases
- Provide estimates for change orders
- Participate in turnover meetings to project management teams
- Additional duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of estimating experience; large project, commercial/industrial cost estimating experience.
- Proficient computer and software (e.g., Estimation, QuoteSoft, Excel, Bluebeam, etc.) skills
- Knowledge of Estimation piping program software on-screen and digitizer takeoff
- Knowledge of MCAA WebLEM
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be an effective member of a team, and be responsive to both internal and external customers
- Sheet metal takeoff is a plus
- Ability to create conceptual estimates for design/build projects is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
Additional Information/Conditions: About Trystate Mechanical, Inc.
Trystate Mechanical, Inc. is part of ENGIE MEP Services Northeast, a mechanical, HVAC, distributed energy, and project delivery solutions-provider subsidiary of ENGIE North America. ENGIE MEP is five companies with nearly 750 employees serving the Northeast U.S.
Trystate Mechanical is a premier full-service HVAC, MEP and energy solutions contractor providing installation, upgrade, conversion and maintenance of mechanical and energy systems throughout the metro New York, Northern New Jersey and Southern Connecticut markets. We are proud to be a leader in the design and installation of energy-saving technologies such as fuel cells, cogeneration, CHP and energy storage systems. We also have our own fabrication shop for pipe and modular construction.
As part of the Northeast's largest energy, power and energy services provider, ENGIE North America, we have access to all of the financial, capital, energy commodity and technical capabilities to develop a unique financial structure, including the power purchase agreement, for each client, including hospitals, universities, government and cultural institutions. More Information: https://www.engiemep.com/companies/trystate-mechanical/ Disclaimer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
ENGIE MEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 2, 2020