ENGIE internally estimates all Balance of Plant costs (BOP) for wind projects. Understanding construction costs is vital to the success of the project and plays a key role during all phases of project development and implementation. As the Senior Estimator, you will provide estimates and pricing information for all facets of wind farm construction.
This position is located in Broomfield, CO.
What you'll do:
- Prepare budgetary and indicative BOP construction estimates for large pipeline of wind projects by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Develop unit pricing based on production rates and subcontractor input.
- Review and incorporate historical data from estimates, cost data, indexes, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
- Interface with owner, contractor, design team, and project managers to provide cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Review wind turbine generator and other equipment specifications to determine cost impacts associated with new technology.
- Review third party pricing proposals for accuracy and gaps.
What you bring:
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related construction estimating experience
- Minimum 5 years of estimating experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience estimating heavy construction projects, ideally, utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Experience estimating BOP costs for utility scale wind and solar projects a major plus.
- Estimating experience with HCSS Heavy Bid and other heavy construction related estimating software, electronic cost data, e.g., RSMeans.
- GIS, AutoCAD or equivalent experience a plus.
- A proven track record of estimating construction project costs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a network or building material suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to review maps, conceptual diagrams, specifications, engineering drawings, equipment specifications, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2020