The Commercial Optimization Advisor (Distributed Generation) will carry out a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, including the management and value optimization of a set of PPA or Lease contracts with Commercial & Industrial clients. This consists of distributed generation (roof top solar plus ground mounted solar) assets, the management, commercialization and value optimization of environmental attributes (including SRECs), the assessment of proper insurance coverage for the underlying assets, the management of Community Solar programs, budgeting, planning, portfolio analysis and reporting, system and process improvement, and other tasks and responsibilities as required by business needs. A successful candidate will have a high degree of reliability, possess strong analytical and relational skills as well as the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional role.
What you'll do:
- PPA/Lease contract management and value optimization
- Participate in the handover meeting as each new project/site reaches COD
- Take over the contract and the investment model from the BD/Sales and Construction team
- Form a thorough understanding of the key commercial terms and conditions such as PPA/Lease rate, PPA/Lease term, production guarantee, environmental attributes, termination, etc., and the main investment assumptions
- Protect and maximize the commercial and financial interest for the company and its partners, through diligent administration of the underlying contracts
- Environmental attributes (incl SRECs) management and value optimization
- Create position reports to properly track and monitor committed and open volumes
- Manage and settle committed sales by diligently administering existing contracts
- Commercialize open positions by negotiating and executing contracts
- Review production data on a regular basis, and work in collaboration with the Operations team to identify/resolve production issues for the purpose of revenue maximization and reporting
- Manage and monitor Community Solar programs, incl. (i) oversight of 3 rd party customer acquisition vendors, (ii) strategic planning; (iii) Schedule Z compliance
- Deliver, lead, coordinate, and/or contribute to a variety of tasks and activities, such as assessment of proper insurance coverage for the underlying assets, budgeting, planning, portfolio analysis and reporting, system and process improvement.
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Law, Engineering or related discipline - or comparable technical competency through demonstrated work experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a similar function, or a combination of similar functions, in the renewable energy industry and in utility environment.
- Prior experience assessing, analyzing, administering and/or managing PPA/Lease contracts and assets, and/or project financing in the renewable energy industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and able to use excel to perform functional financial and quantitative analysis.
- Committed to creating commercial and financial value
- Take initiative and have a strong ownership of projects, and drive results
- Familiarity with key accounting and financial concepts.
- Excellent people skills, and able to skillfully navigate various relational situations.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2020