The Project Development, Senior Advisor will manage a broad range of pre-construction development activities on projects within ENGIE's portfolio of grid-scale solar assets across the United States. In this role, you will ensure projects advance on the appropriate schedules and within allocated budgets to support origination, financing, and construction, to ultimately fulfill the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America.
This position is open to Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, or Santa Barbara, CA. (Remote locations may be considered).
What you'll do:
- Manage development activities of utility-scale solar energy projects from feasibility to the start of construction
- Engage with staff to coordinate environmental, permitting, transmission interconnection, land acquisition, and design activities
- Support energy offtake, financing, and project M&A discussions, including due diligence activities
- Ensure projects are progressing on schedule and within budget
- Obtain local project permits and tax agreements
- Select, manage, and direct third party consultants and review their reports
- Engage with landowners and stakeholders to provide information throughout the development process
- Review project pro forma financial models
- Evaluate viability of early stage and acquisition projects
- Conduct site visits to define site characteristics and develop relationships with local stakeholders
- Remain abreast of renewable energy opportunities in the United States and the national industry trends impacting the future of solar and renewable development opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers.
- Represent ENGIE at national solar and renewable energy events as speaker, panelist and solar energy leader.
What you bring:
- Minimum 10 years related experience
- Minimum 5 years of project development experience; preferably in solar energy
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental, Business Administration or Economics preferred.
- Proven record of accomplishment in solar or renewable energy development, including experience taking projects through financing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve potential project flaws and to prioritize critical path tasks.
- Thorough understanding of land easements/leases and title curative requirements.
- Track record of successfully working with public officials to obtain development permits, tax abatements, etc.
- Working knowledge of technical development disciplines, including interconnection, resource assessment, solar system operation, GIS, etc.
- General understanding of market trends and resulting impacts on project development.
- Ability to travel regularly within the United States.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2020