ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Director, Partnership & Transition Management that can be based in either Houston, Texas, Columbus, OH, Iowa City, IA and/or Boston, MA.
The Director is a senior member of the self-managed "Partnership Management and Transition" team whose role is to:
- Prepare the tools and resources for a smooth transition, manage the transition, and assist business development and capital project execution activities.
- Develop the campus-specific skills and experience by spending time at our campus locations to lead a major partnership while supporting business development activities and preparing transition management plans and procedures.
The Transition Director(s) is/are in line to be appointed as Director of Energy Solutions to lead one of ENGIE's future major public private partnerships at a customer's location.
What you'll do: During an active transition:
In between active transitions:
- When appointed, lead the transition of a newly negotiated/awarded major partnership by immediately relocating to the customer's location, working closely with the Business Development and Human Resources teams to achieve Financial Close.
- Build a close working relationship with the customer's leaders and the employees, and ensure a smooth transition of >80% of the eligible employees
- Identify and obtain the internal and external resources required to support the partnership as per the business plan
- Utilizing lessons learned from previous partnerships, develop a structured transition management process and procedure
- Spend time on a rotational basis at ENGIE's current public-private partnerships to develop necessary skills, experience, and knowledge to be ready to be deployed to lead the next partnership
- Work closely with the Director/VP of Energy Solutions at ENGIE's partnership campuses, assist and participate in contractual issues, capital projects and new project development activities
- Manage the continuous process employment cycle of lessons learned in bids, transitions, and campus operations
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, law, or related field
- 10 plus years of work experience in a related field with at least 10 years in management and/or leadership positions
- Knowledge of energy infrastructure systems is a must
- Experience in P3s is a plus
- Experience presenting and speaking publicly to senior executives
- Experience working within higher education environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will relocate, where applicable, to the customer's campus location
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong social and emotional intelligence with ability to connect with the very diverse customer and stakeholder demographics on major campuses
- Must have sufficient commend of technical aspects of energy infrastructure to be able to develop, sell, and execute capital projects. An engineering or technical project management background is a plus.
- Must be a champion of diversity in the workplace
- Maintain exceptional level of organization and professionalism
- Consistently identify challenges and present resolutions, in support of long-term partnership goals
- Operate within high-pressure environment as a part of a geographically diverse Major Partnerships and Campuses management team
- Ability to work remotely with necessary telecommunications tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
Position requires combination of office environment setting and some exposure to outdoor environments. Sitting and standing for periods of time, limited amount of climbing and crawling could be required in some circumstances.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 15, 2020