ENGIE's Controls Technician main objective is to assist in activities concerned with installing equipment and functional testing and service of control components. These components include but are not limited to (DDC Controls, Sensors, VFD's, Conduit and Wire, Motor Starters, Valves and Actuators). The Controls Technician may also participate in investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties. Working with direct supervision, the associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor's advanced approval.
What you'll do:
- Learn to install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair Controls and HVAC system equipment
- Learn to test and calibrate electronic components for computer control.
- Assist in performing functional testing on systems to insure system operability
- Analyze, review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Assist in problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Assist in all aspects of physical repairs, i.e. accessing equipment via ladders and roof hatches, complete disassembly and reassembly of large/heavy equipment utilizing hand and automatic tools, transferring said tools from vehicle to mechanical rooms and/o r location of service.
- Maintain records of performance reports
- To perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel with in the state of NM as needed. (50%-80% of the time)
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Blueprints, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts as required in a construction setting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What you bring:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- Two-year Associate Degree/Trade School or equivalent military experience
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 17, 2020