Are you looking for a role where you lead all aspects of preliminary site design and site specification efforts for grid scale solar projects in USA and Canada.
Santa Barbara, CA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; San Francisco, CA (remote locations may be considered)
What you'll do:
- Lead efforts for preliminary design and optimization of grid scale solar projects under development in USA and Canada
- Serve as technical point of contact for solar project development and delivery teams
- Coordinate and review site production and optimization efforts utilizing PVsyst evaluation software
- Effectively manage internal and external resources on site specification, optimization, and preliminary design
- Keep current on changing trends in the solar generation market.
- Capable of scoping, contracting, and managing consultants and contractors for design and technical services as necessary
- Provide and advise on conceptual design configuration for development pipeline projects
- Gain, capture, and grow subject matter expertise in grid-scale solar generation using the Company's tools and processes in order to increase the experience and the know-how of the Grid Scale Renewables team
- Provide subject matter leadership in grid-scale solar generation tasks when subject matter expertise is utilized from contractors, plant personnel, or wider Company's resources in order to provide streamlined technical service
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 7 years' experience; 5 years' experience in solar energy sector preferred
- Must have experience with grid-scale solar project engineering design and optimization, preferably with a leading utility scale solar project developer or top EPC provider
- Experience or close coordination with CAD or GIS software platforms for solar site layouts
- Experience with PVsyst or other solar production models for estimating and optimizing solar facilities
- Knowledge and experience in utility grid characteristics and requirements for the purposes of meeting grid requirements for new solar installations
- Knowledge and experience in development and construction of power generation and storage assets in the United States
- Must be able to interpret solar production studies and use that information to advise on business development projects and activities
- Strong leadership skills and interest in eventually growing a team
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2020