ENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers' benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide.
Under the responsibility of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining all facility systems and keeping them in good working conditions to minimize the time the machines are out of service. The incumbent will also perform some preventative maintenance on all production and plant equipment.
What you'll do:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical/mechanical systems related to the building and facilities as well as equipment supporting production activities.
- Install, diagnose, repair and perform preventative maintenance procedures on various machines, tools & equipment.
- Inspect and maintain facility electrical system, Test Center Electrical System, A/C & D/C.
- Perform maintenance, adjustments and electrical system repair tasks;
- Perform electrical/mechanical work in the building upon request;
- Assist other technicians in their day-to-day work;
- Perform preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance on various Industrial Facilities systems;
- May be required to assist with system operations in emergency situations;
- Follow Electrical Code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA regulations and Company safety standards.
- Perform any other related duties, as requested by the Facilities Manager.
What you bring:
- Industrial Electrical-Technician / Vocational Certifications or Industrial Mechanical Technician / Vocational Certifications;
- 4-6 years' experience minimum;
- Strong Electrical and/or Mechanical knowledge and Troubleshooting skills;
- Understand the demands of maintenance services;
- Familiar with electromechanical plans and preventive maintenance systems;
- Able to pass an OSHA training course;
- Able to pass a technical skills exam;
- Able to obtain a security clearance at the required level;
- Valid driver's license;
- Able to use computers applications like a CMMS and Microsoft Office;
- Welding equipment experience is a plus;
- Able to work in a semi-heated/cooled factory environment with moderate noise;
- Welding Equipment or High- Tech Equipment repair/troubleshooting knowledge;
- High- Tech Equipment repair/troubleshooting knowledge a plus;
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing and HVAC systems;
- Able to pass a medical exam;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Able to move and lift loads. The candidate needs to satisfy the physical activities of the job;
- Able to work in heights;
- PLC, robotics and Refrigeration knowledge considered an asset.
- Safe work practices;
- Customer Services oriented;
- Team player;
- Time Management;
- Ability to accept and to adapt to change;
- Good work ethics;
- Communication skills;
Additional Information/Conditions: State:
Pittsburgh Job Location:
Bombardier Pittsburgh Pa Position Status:
Permanent full-time Schedule:
Able and willing to work all shifts (24 hours operations). You need to be flexible regarding the work schedule. Additional hours may be required depending of the work situation.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 22, 2020