Utilize your strong history in B2B and solar, renewable energy or related sales as a Business Developemnt Manager for the Commercial & Industrial team.
This position is open to the Chicago, IL, Houston, TX and Santa Barbara, CA areas.
What you'll do:
- Tracks all commercial structuring related activities within ENGIE's CRM
- Qualifies prospect opportunities: Right target market, scale and responsiveness
- Supports origination and proposal generation for ENGIE DG Projects teams
- Considers the economic impacts of varying bespoke customer requests and assess the willingness of ENGIE and ultimate financing counterparties to accept alternative commercial deal terms and structures.
- Leads contract negotiations structuring to provide commercial solutions for ENGIE's customers while accurately assessing and addressing risk and risk mitigation for ENGIE.
- Works collaboratively with ENGIE teams including Renewables, Legal, AIFA, Policy and Supply Chain in order to develop client proposals
- Support and at times accompany sales professionals as an ENGIE expert on our DG solar PPA offering.
- Assist in training sales teams on the DG solar and solar plus storage PPA offering.
- Monitors local, state and federal subsidies, incentives, and oversees the uniform implementation of such benefits within solar PPA pricing
- Assists origination teams in the preparation of detailed information memoranda describing the investment opportunity and project characteristics
What you bring:
- BS in Business, Communication, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a related role, focused on Distributed Solar
- Strong negotiation skills with a background in building external relationships and managing risk
- Familiarity with commercial solar structuring and financing options
- Ability to collaborate across departments within the company and with external customers
- Solid understanding of Excel based financial modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience operating with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with CRM tools
- Travel regularly (25%) throughout the USA
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2020