ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Construction Project Manage
r that could be based in either Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, Sacramento, Ca, Seattle, WA and/or New York.
The Construction Project Manage
r has the responsibility of providing construction management services on construction projects to ensure that project scope of work, including the energy conservation measures (ECM's) and renewable energy systems, are properly installed and implemented. The Construction Project Manager shall be capable of managing a team of construction managers, superintendents, engineers and other personnel involved in delivering the project. The Construction Project Manager will also manage project budgets, contract changes, scheduling, status reporting, and other administriative aspects of the contractual obligation. Frequent and timely interactaction with his or her supervisor as needed by either is an expectation. Most activities are completed without a supervisor's advance approval.
What you'll do:
- Conducting on-site meetings with representatives of the Customer's facilities to discuss the upcoming project and to discuss future problems and resolutions
- Prepare and maintain a critical path schedule for the project
- Establish a construction report which tracks the construction progress of each contractor, which will provide early detection of problems as they occur
- Coordinate site trips and inspections with contractors and Project Manager
- Review and approve/disapprove all invoices from contractors, in coordination with the Project Manager
- Verify the need for all change orders and determine responsibility and fair price for the work
- Coordinate utility rebate and/or grant forms for Customer to obtain financial incentives
- Manage all subcontractor costs and maintain project's financial requirements. Keep an up-to-date spreadsheet of all project costs vs. budget
- Ensure that Contractor has met all obligations stated in contract and that all the ECM's work as a system
- Provide and/or supervise all training, as required by the contract, to the Customer
- Coordinate and distribute the job closeout documentation package to ensure that a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings and supporting documentation is prepared, O&M manuals are assembled, warranty certificates assembled, equipment registration
- Coordinate construction pre-bid meetings and walk-throughs with contractors, Project Manager and Customer
- Coordinate bid opening attendance and procedure as necessary
- Work with Project Manager (if assigned) on subcontractor selection
- Participate in sales presentations
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree, technical or construction related
- 8 - 10 years of direct construction and project management experience
- H.S diploma or Military experience with 15 years + direct industry experience may substitute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and project scheduling skills , MS Project, Primavera, or other CPM software
- Knowledge of the operation and installation of lighting, HVAC, electrical distribution & generation, central plant boilers, chillers, pumping equipment, controls and building management systems , and renewable energy systems
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and OSHA safety criteria
- Ability to successfully manage projects and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Up to 100% travel, with overnight stays
- Experience in managing multiple construction projects of $5MM+
- Project Management Professional, Certified Construction Manager, Professional Engineer, AIA
- State contractor license
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 24, 2020