At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. The Role: Electrician
This position reports directly to the Senior Electrical and IC Supervisor. The employee working under this job title performs installation, maintenance, repair, overhauls, calibration, troubleshooting and testing of the various types of electrical equipment related to steam, chilled water, and electrical generation for CPE, satellite and contract facilities, and the utility distribution system. Provides pertinent information and logs concerning repairs, tests, and modifications, and performs related duties as assigned. Reports to
Senior Electrical and IC Supervisor Location/Department
College Park Energy, College Park, Maryland Vacancy Status
Local Contract Only Status
Hourly - Non-Exempt, Day ShiftEssential Job Functions
- Installs, inspects, overhauls, calibrates, performs troubleshooting and maintains all the Plant's major electrical equipment including motors, generators, transformers, automatic transfer switches, voltage regulators, variable frequency drives, UPS and battery systems, electronic revenue metering, fire alarm and communication systems, electromechanical protective relays, programmable protective relays and PLC's.
- Competent, knowledgeable and experienced with Low and Medium Voltage 3 phase systems such as 480V, 2400V, 4160V and 13,800V.
- Prepares technical data and equipment observation reports necessary for proper diagnostic work and machinery history records.
- Performs required maintenance and modifications to plant lighting and electrical equipment related to HVAC systems.
- Capable of reading technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- Determines and obtains the parts and supplies from stock as required to perform repairs, maintenance, and overhaul work; prepares stockroom requisitions as required.
- Prepares and submits information to Supervisor/Procurement/Manager as needed to order parts and materials required in the general performance of job assignments.
- May participate in the Plant Emergency Response program.
- Responsible for maintaining work areas and shop facilities in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices, and perform work in accordance with recognized trade and Company standards and, where applicable, local, state, and federal laws.
- Must participate in mandatory training and other programs.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
- Requires individual with a high degree of professionalism; ability to work well independently, and effectively with others.
- Successful candidate will also be detail oriented, able to take direction and handle multiple tasks, prioritize work effectively, and see a work project through to completion.
- A willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes and problem solve is essential.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
- Proficient in Lock-out/Tag-out Electronic Tag System (LOTO ETS) Program.
- The ability to gain a strong understanding and manage effective utilization of the company Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), MAXIMO Maintenance System is required.
- Proficient in ARC FLASH and NFPA 70E.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 65 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, squat, kneel, climb, balance, and reach overhead.
- Must be able to tolerate dust and other airborne particles and other materials such as diesel and lube oils
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolds, high-lifts, and in confined spaces.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience as a Journeyman/Master Electrician in a Power Plant and/or similar power generation facility.
- Maryland Journeyman's Electricians License
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Sep 25, 2020