Senior Network Engineer Organization: Digital - Boston, MA
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
Work closely with the ENGIE Infrastructure and Information Security teams on the network design improvements. Function
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Design operational standards for firewall configurations, network change requests, documentation, and performance troubleshooting procedures in a global environment.
- Maintain a secure and auditable firewall configuration.
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Design, implement, and maintain a proactive network monitoring strategy.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Information Security teams on the network design improvements, development, and operation of secure services.
- Provide trusted advice to management on network security architecture and operational improvements.
- Evaluate emerging network and firewall management tools and other related products.
- Be self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Maintain expert knowledge and experience with network security standards.
- Able to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus
- 10+ years of IT operational support experience, preferably in a global infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineering or network security professional with a focus on network architecture, implementation, and support.
- Extensive expertise with general firewall configuration and support, including IPsec VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches and Meraki Wireless Access Points strongly preferred.
- Experience with VeloCloud SD-WAN desired
- Significant experience with load balancing appliances and software, such as Citrix NetScaler and/or Zscaler preferred.
- Strong experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, 802.1x)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP modelExperience supporting multiple global datacenters
- Experience with host and network-based security across multiple architectures and platforms
- Knowledge of security industry standards such as ISO and NIST a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing concepts and application security architecture
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills with an ability to represent complex data in executive level graphical reporting dashboards
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Sep 28, 2020