has an immediate opening for a Lead Project Engineer
located in Southern, CA (Pasadena, City of Orange and Riverside)
. The Lead Project Engineer creates the design of Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy Measures through the development of opportunities in the feasibility and detailed analysis. This person completes the mechanical and/or electrical portion of the comprehensive analysis during project development and provides technical assistance to the Project Manager throughout the construction period. The associate may manage other team members as they perform their duties, as well. The Lead Project Engineer will interact with his or her supervisor as needed. Most activities will be completed without a supervisor's direct oversight.
What you'll do:
- Perform lighting, mechanical, energy management system and water survey audits to identify savings opportunities
- Perform renewable energy site surveys evaluating various types of Solar photovoltaic/thermal, Battery energy storage and microgrid designs. Understand metering /interconnection methods
- Analyze utility data to verify existing customer loads, consider rate change options and calculate energy and water cost savings
- Perform analysis including comparison of technologies, savings calculations, scopes of work and contractor bid costs for various energy conservation and renewable measures using tools such as eQuest, Energy Pro and Excel spreadsheets, including bin simulations
- Responsible for analyzing the utility bills and historical energy usage/trends, and selecting the appropriate baselines
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing the internal Risk Review Package
- Assist in preparation of all development bid documents and final construction documents
- Prepare cost estimates of Energy Conservation Measures during development stage
- Assist in obtaining contractor quotes for all mentioned scopes of work, and evaluate the costs
- Assist the Project and Construction Managers on job walks, bid evaluations, contractor negotiations and construction meetings
- Assist during the construction phase of the project by reviewing submittals, change orders, and RFI's, and make recommendations to the Project Manager
- Manage time between multiple projects to meet deadlines
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 - 10 years + of experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Working knowledge of identifying and analyzing Solar photovoltaic, Battery Energy Storage and Microgrid renewable measures
- Prior experience working for an energy services type of company
- Active in a professional society
- Ability to Travel 30% - 50% of the time
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Able to get from office to off site customers
- Strong knowledge of California Utility rate schedules (electric, gas, water)
- Proficient at conducting surveys, preparing/analyzing savings and cost estimates of mechanical, controls, electrical/lighting and water systems
- Proficient at computer modeling/simulation of building operation and utility profiles (eQuest, Energy Tool Base, Trane Trace, PVSyst, or similar)
- Proficient at preparing EMS, HVAC, and/or lighting/electrical design specifications
- Proficient at modeling basic HVAC systems as well as complex HVAC systems, including central plants, co-generation, heat recovery, etc .
- Proficient at performing load take-offs from drawings
- Competent at determining the appropriate technologies for various measures in different situations
- Competent at quantifying energy usage from miscellaneous equipment, such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washing machines, plug loads, hospital equipment, etc .
- Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements . ENGIE currently maintains four office locations in Southern California. Successful candidate would have the option to work from any of these locations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
- ENGIE follows all local, State and Federal policies to meet COVID-19 safety requirements.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020