As ENGIE Resources pursues its vision of Energy Transition, significant changes are required in the way we work and the tools we use. To meet the goals of this transformation, our company needs to implement redesigned systems and processes using the latest in digital technology.
The QA Lead position requires a good technical foundation as well as a willingness to wear several hats with a commitment to bring constant improvement to our enterprise solutions. The QA Lead understands business requirements, defines tests suites, manually validates functionality, develops automated test cases and communicates quality metrics effectively to ensure the high quality of ENGIE Resources enterprise platforms.
What you'll do:
- Creates and presents the project quality highlights to all project stakeholders.
- Creates, maintains, manages and enforces test plan that meets system requirements
- Designs, develops and maintains automated test scripts for various components of enterprise systems including user interfaces and APIs.
- Supports troubleshooting defects for development teams via log data, database data, errors and exceptions
- Reports defects and collect metrics based on overall testing statistics to be included in reports, daily/weekly status, test metrics and KPIs
- Provides test estimates and ongoing project management support.
- Ensures that QA and Production sanity and smoke tests are performed, and results are communicated
- Creates test strategies within a maturity level framework that supports the overall QA department policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a strong emphasis on exploration discovery and communication of software defects
- Creates and manages SQL script repositories to gather test data and validate test results
- Performs acceptance testing across enterprise systems and API integrations.
- Designs load & performance test testing frameworks to identify out-of-bounds Service Level Agreements
- Tracks and tests outputs in a project management tool like Azure DevOps and work effectively in an Agile project environment
- Facilitates defect triage meetings to prioritize defects with business stakeholders
- Support workshops for discovery, requirements grooming and design
- Gathers acceptance criteria from the UAT users to understand the parameters for evaluation
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members as well as UAT users
- Provides release management for software releases to ensure release notes are published, systems are versioned, smoke tested, functional and release plans are in place including rollback plans
- Coordinates between software development teams during releases as well as coordinates rollbacks and ensure deployment notes are published afterwards
What you bring:
- 7+ years or more experience as a QA Lead in successfully launched enterprise projects
- 7+ years of experience defining test cases and test suites for enterprise level applications
- 5+ years testing modern web-based interfaces (e.g. ReactJS, AngularJS) with automated tools (e.g. Mocha, Jest, Puppeteer)
- 5+ years testing SOAP and REST-based API endpoints.
- 3+ years of Selenium experience. Alternative automated test tools accepted but expect quick learner on Selenium
- 3+ years of SQL experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- 2+ years of experience with performance and load testing tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jmeter or Loadrunner)
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Azure Pipelines a plus
- Strong mathematical and financial knowledge required
- Experience with testing Configure Price Quote (CPQ) systems and pricing engines.
- Salesforce testing experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree - Business or IT with related experience.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community.
ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 14, 2020