Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
The Energy Control Center (ECC) is part of the Engie NA utility system at the University of Iowa. Its purpose is to use real-time and historical data to drive efficiency improvements and cost savings for the campus utility system which provides steam, electricity, chilled water, water and sewer services to the University campus. The ECC is a data operation whose services are utilized by directors, managers, engineers, finance and accounting staff members at ENGIE NA, The University and the public. The student will work under the supervision of the Facilities Management Senior.
What you'll do:
- Build replicas of automation displays linked to live automation data using PI Vision software. Design reports using PI Datalink add-in to Excel. Perform tag-tuning in PI System
- Assist with any other data entry, cleaning or reporting as necessary
- Configure data hierarchies, calculations, event frames and notifications for PI System using PI System Explorer and PI Builder
- Assist with processing utility bills, maintenance and energy reporting using EnergyCAP energy management and utility billing software
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Must be enrolled at the University of Iowa
- Prefer students in Engineering or Computer Science programs or pathways
- Desired experience using PI Vision and PI Datalink
- Willingness and ability to learn PI AF System, PI System Explorer software and the PI Builder add-in to Excel (details under 'Background', below)
- Desired experience performing basic energy calculations and analyses
- Willingness and ability to learn basics of utility plant systems and apply knowledge to AF system configuration
- Desired experience using EnergyCAP software. Experience Programming in C+, C#, Python or .NET, experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL, and a background in Engineering, Computer Science or another science-related curriculum
- Desired course completion in thermodynamics
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer and work with standard software applications
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to detect and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing; sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks and the like as required); kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 7, 2020