Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Nozay, Île-de-France, France
Design Engineer - 6 Months Contract - Nozay, France
Essential:- Fluent in French and English. Engineering background. Certified Electrical Engineer. Experience in integration and validation of optical transmission equipment. Knowledge of system and software architecture. Knowledge of several communication protocols (RS232, GPIB, LAN). Knowledge of programming languages such as C ++, LabView, Labwindows / CVI, TestStand, Language 1 (TL1), Perl, Python. Basic knowledge of databases. Any fibre optic submarine cable experience will be advantageous.
The Design Engineer will work within the Research and Development (R&D) team, the Industrialization department is responsible for ensuring that the products developed by R&D are ready for transfer to production. The Design Engineer is also responsible for providing the manufacturing plant with the necessary support for the manufacture and maintenance of the products. Finally, the Design Engineer is responsible for system tests for the validation of systems delivered to the customer.
Within the Industrialisation department, the Design Engineer will be responsible for:-
- Definition of end-to-end testing strategies
- Definition of test benches in collaboration with R&D people
- Development of functional test programs and systems on the test bench of electronic and optoelectronic boards making up the various system equipment
- Development of Boundary scan test programs for electronic boards
- Management of measurement equipment on a test bench
- Validation and robustness tests of the developed automatic benches
- Design of Human-Machine interfaces
- Analysis of existing test programs and adaptation of these programs for their optimization and adaptation to a new environment
- Writing of technical documents for users and for monitoring developments
- Adaptation of test results files to the existing database
- Training of people from the factory on the new benches
- Production support
With an engineering background, you will have the following skills:
- Experience in integration and validation of optical transmission equipment.
- Knowledge of system and software architecture,
- Knowledge of several communication protocols (RS232, GPIB, LAN)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C ++, LabView, Labwindows / CVI, TestStand, Language 1 (TL1), perl, python
- Basic knowledge of databases
Candidates must be eligible to work in France
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.