NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
In this role you will be responsible for facilitating all data design components, providing database tuning, monitoring database security, system performance and overall utilization. Additional responsibilities will include being the key interface to all application areas, adherence to compliance/security standards along with the required reporting requirements.
Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle database platform and hands-on experience with versions 12 and above
- Strong compliance documentation skills necessary to maintain a highly regulated environment
- Strong knowledge of the MS-SQL Servers platform and hands-on experience with versions 2008 and above
- Strong knowledge of SQL, relational database tuning and overall performance management
- Very comfortable with standard operational activities around backup and patch management along with change activities and overall on-call responsibilities
- Excellent communications skills and very comfortable with defining and adhering to strong process management activities
Employees in this role are responsible for all activities associated with the administration of either mainframe or distributed computerized databases.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Designs, implements, maintains, and monitors databases
• Develops, documents, and implements guidelines, standards and procedures, maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Effective Written Communications
- Effective Verbal Communications
- Bachelor's - Sciences
- Database Applications
- Database Connectivity
- Database BackEnd
- Performance Consulting
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:5+ years
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
West Palm Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-SE1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: