Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Contracts Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
ENGINEERING & BUSINESS SERVICES
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible to prepare all required cost estimates for Industrial Cities Directorate, including: 1) Construction/Installation Projects, 2) Maintenance Refurbishment Projects, 3) Operation and Maintenance Services that would be outsourced. Participates in engineering studies to be carried out to aid management in determining price of service to be outsourced. May specialise according to particular service performed. Responsible for all activities connected with the preparation of Budgetary and Corporation Estimates including participating in the Commercial Evaluation for all Tenders, Direct Orders and Variations for Industrial Cities Directorate based upon the scope of works, bill of quantities and other pricing documents provided by Sr. Contract Engineers.
B.S.C. in Quantity Surveying or Engineering from an internationally recognised university.
Experience & Skills
• Must have at least 12-15 years of Quantity Surveying and Cost Management experience. Experience in works and services Contracts in Oil and Gas Environment is an added value.
• At least 5 years working experience in large organisations.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills.
• Strong motivation, negotiation, presentation, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
• Ability to work independently. • Well versed in Procurement and tendering, Commercial management of Construction, Design economics and cost planning, Contract Practice, Quantification and Costing of Construction works, Construction technology and environmental services, Contract administration, Insurance, Risk management, Sustainability developments, conducting value management and engineering exercises.
• Should have exposure to SAP Outsourcing Module and computer experience in MS Office applications and strong general computer skills specifically in creating databases.
• Good negotiation and presentation skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• A high degree of literacy in the English language (written and spoken)
• Team working skills
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa