Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore I&E Technician to join our team in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa, the standard working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, although longer rotations are presently being worked due to the COVID 19 situation.
Reporting directly to the Offshore Maintenance Supervisor and required to safely perform all aspects of I&E maintenance within the normal operational and maintenance procedures provided.
As a Maintenance Team Member, carry out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software )
It's essential to demonstrate a positive attitude towards safety and all other aspects of the business, in line with the clients Responsible Operations Management System. (ROMS)
Also required to actively participate in the training and mentoring of junior technicians
- Carry out Task Leader role for control of work activities to the expected pre-defined standards
- Adhere to the Lock Out/Tag Out system to the expected pre-defined standards.
- Demonstrate own safety commitment to all platform staff by working in a safe manner.
- Engage with other personnel to ensure they deliver the expected standards of safety.
- Attend site safety meetings, toolbox talks, and safety stand downs and any other safety related meetings as required.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to over and above utilizing the Permit to Work System.
- Utilize safety behavioural tools such as toolbox talks, audits and Behaviour Based Safety systems to enhance safety performance of platform personnel and visitors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of JSA's
- Know and apply appropriate risk management practices to all activities
- Undertake any assigned emergency response role for which suitable training have been provided
- Supports ROMS process and Process Safety Management (PSM) systems by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, and Safety & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Set an example to core personnel and visitors with respect to attitude, professionalism, and all aspects of MEGPL's safety culture
- Ensure comprehensive daily and end of rotation handovers take place, and accurate historical data is recorded relevant to tasks undertaken.
- Adhere to all aspects of your assigned Training Plan
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Completed recognized Apprenticeship in Instrumentation or Electrical discipline
- Associate degree or relevant technical qualification
- CompEX certification.
- BOSIET \ HUET \ CA_EBS
- A number of years offshore experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of electrical maintenance practices, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation
- Prior experience of;
- Generator units, control equipment and protection devices.
- High-tension switchgear, HV cables, control cables & protection devices
- Explosion protected equipment.
- All testing equipment, meggers, AVO's and multimeters, etc.
- Testing and fault finding on HV and LV circuits.
- Must have strong work ethic, an excellent attitude towards safety, personal development, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Experience of operating within a PTW and ROM system
- Experience in an emergency response role (advantageous)
- Computer literate with experience in the following, Microsoft Word and Excel , SAP would be advantageous
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.