Skills: Ballast Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently resourcing Marine Ballast Control Operators to work on a TLP located offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa.
This is a short term position for 2 rotations based on a 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off rotation, normal working hours are based on a 12 hour day / 7 day week.
- Ensuring that Tension Leg Platform stability requirements are met at all times and within specified limits
- Management of ballast & Tendon Tension Monitoring System loads to ensure there are no adverse effects to tendons
- Monitor the CCR panels and ensure any alarms are attended to promptly by the appropriate technician
- 1 st line maintenance of all ballast & bilge equipment
- Ensuring there are no reportable oil spills or environmental issues on marine systems, by correct operation of the marine systems
- Ensure ballast configuration is adjusted accordingly to drilling rig movements
- Advise the Production Supervisor of any foreseeable ballast operation during drilling movement
- Ensuring there are no marine conflicts within the 500m zone
- Ensuring tank cleaning and tank inspection work is carried out to the highest standards of safety. Requesting that there are
- sufficiently qualified and competent personnel available for the intended work
- Maintain Marine Operations databases including Tendon Tensioning Monitoring System loads & Load Management System reports
- Carry out regular TLP internal column inspections
- Act as Area Authority for all marine activities
- Be converse with drilling terminology
- Planned routines are to be carried out as per SAP scheduling
The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate Degree (AA) or relevant technical qualification
- BOSIET certification including HUET and CA-EBS
- Ballast Control Training and Certification
- Training in Emergency Management
- Qualified Crane Operator is preferred
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- A number of years previous experience working in a similar position offshore preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.