United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob Summary
The Water Business Unit of AECOM is actively seeking an energetic open-minded individual to be the Water Resources Leader for our Texas Water Resources Department in our Texas offices. The individual fulfilling this important position will be located in Houston, TX. AECOM has active successful water resources teams in this location.
The Water Resources Leader is an expert seller/doer in water resources and civil infrastructure design. This individual will be a creative, highly talented technical leader responsible for the oversight, management and business development of large, complex local, state, and federal projects including flood control, drainage, dam, levee, and other water resources planning and design projects.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career with strong client contacts, relationships and engineering experience with Local and Federal water resource clients in Texas.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, directs, and supervises operations included in moderately sized projects with moderate risk, complexity, and financial impact.
- Manages and leads all technical, financial, and client satisfaction areas using consistent processes and tools.
- May include management of small teams across business lines, in remote locations and/or management of subcontractors.
- Manages projects on a local to regional basis achieving quality outcomes, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Successfully develops strategy, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, and executes project.
- Acts as primary point of contact with client.
- Active involvement in business and staff development across the greater Southwest, and collaboration with other AECOM offices within AECOM's Central Region.
- Working with regional Water Business Line leadership on local and regional initiatives.
- Be a catalyst for growing AECOM's Texas water resources capabilities, head count, and gross revenue.
- BA/BS + 10 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas
- 10+ years of proven Project Management experience of Federal Flood Control, Dams & Levees
- Good understanding of the HOUSTON market, and ability to support marketing efforts in pursuing work
- Experience in presenting projects to local government bodies and committees
- Experience in presenting projects at public information meetings and public involvement.
- Experience with project management requirements and systems
- Experience or interest in business operations and internal finance
- Knowledge of water quality modeling and hydrologic and hydraulic modeling (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, Mike Urban, HydroCAD, GIS and CAD software)
NOTE: This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel RoadClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.